The Last Of Us (Action/Adventure/Drama/Horror) - HBO/HBO Max

Started by BlueStar, 08/22/22 at 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueStar

QuoteWhat's it about?

The series takes place 20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

link: https://www.hbo.com/the-last-of-us

I'm so excited! I loved watching the game this is based on (nope didn't play it - no commentary playthroughs are better than playing a game like that and I don't own a Playstation).

Steve

Moving to Future Shows.

Series to premiere in 2023.

BlueStar

It looks so freakin good! Gah! I need a premiere date! :thud:

BlueStar

Steve

Steve

Autocorrect has become my worst enema.

BlueStar

Steve

BlueStar

1x01

Argh it was so good. As good as I knew it would be. The scenes they kept and added and changed - loved it all. Been reblogging gifs on tumblr for like 3 hours. Oof.

Steve

Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday and if they keep up this level of intensity, excitement and horror, this is going to be one of my favorite shows of all-time. Forget 'The Walking Dead', watch this instead.  :thumbsup14:

BlueStar

I know most of the plot yet the museum scene in episode 2 was still so intense my chest was tight. The clickers looked amazing[ly creepy].   

Steve

I know what you mean. I hope they can keep this up.

BlueStar

Knowing the material they're drawing from I am pretty confident they will. They are going to add stuff and deviate from the game a fair bit in certain episodes but so far all the changes they made I like just as much or more.

Spoiler
though I could have done without the infected locking lips with Tess to infect her even more. Gross
[close]

Steve