The 'Official' Pro Wrestling Topic - Updated News 1/6/23

Started by Steve, 03/06/13 at 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Vince was a dictator when it came to creative content. Hopefully that will improve now that Triple H is running that part of it.
Autocorrect has become my worst enema.

Jayman

Quote from: Steve on 08/09/22 at 04:00 AMVince was a dictator when it came to creative content. Hopefully that will improve now that Triple H is running that part of it.
He was brought up in that same environment.  TV writers, comedy, movie scenes, backstage skits, etc...   
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

Jayman

Been back to listening to Jim Cornette podcasts.  Though I am almost 2 years behind on them.  I wish he'd go back to discussing more classic wrestling, but the fans want to hear the AEW and NXT reviews which I can understand.
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

Steve

WWE Superstar Carmella Suffers Miscarriage

WWE superstar Carmella says after spending 12 hours in an emergency room on Saturday, she sadly suffered a miscarriage.

The 35-year-old announced the news on her Instagram page Monday morning ... calling it all "devastating."

The wrestler -- real name Leah Van Dale -- says she began feeling "sharp pains on my left side" over the weekend, and went to the hospital. Following a battery of tests, she learned she had an ectopic pregnancy, and would lose her baby.

"The reason I'm sharing all of this is because in the moment it feels so isolating," Carmella said in a caption on a photograph of her in a hospital bed. "Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?"

"For anyone dealing with ANY type of pregnancy loss," she added, "I want you to know your feelings and emotions are valid, there is NOTHING wrong with you and you are not alone. ❤️."

Tragically, Carmella revealed this is the second time she's had to experience this -- announcing in her post that she had previously suffered a miscarriage in September.

Carmella -- who married WWE commentator Corey Graves back in April -- added several pictures to her post encouraging positivity, sympathy and empathy for those who have experienced miscarriages.

(more here)

:(
Autocorrect has become my worst enema.

Steve

WWE Hall Of Famer Barry Windham In ICU After Suffering Heart Attack

WWE Hall of Famer Barry Windham, the maternal uncle of WWE star Bray Wyatt and former WWE wrestler Bo Dallas, suffered a heart attack over the weekend and is now in the ICU.

According to a GoFundMe campaign created by Barry's niece, Mika Rotunda, the 62-year-old went into cardiac arrest while traveling through an airport in Atlanta.

Mika says her uncle underwent an emergency procedure to save his life ... adding the wrestling legend's future is uncertain.

Windham, son of Robert Deroy Windham, better known by his ring name Blackjack Mulligan, was a household name in National Wrestling Alliance and WCW.

One of the most memorable moments of Barry's career was when the 4-time NWA/WCW tag team champion turned heel on Lex Luger and joined the Four Horsemen.

The Four Horsemen was a wrestling group originally in NWA and later WCW ... that consisted of Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard.

Windham was inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame in 2012 alongside Flair, J.J. Dillon, Arn Anderson, and Blanchard.

Windham has a son, Callan.

(more here)

Steve

Vince McMahon Returns To WWE ... On Board Of Directors

Vince McMahon's time away from WWE lasted less than 6 months -- the former boss has returned to his organization's Board of Directors, according to a new SEC filing.

The move comes on the heels of reports McMahon -- the majority shareholder of WWE -- intended to resume his role as executive chairman to help negotiate the organization's next TV deal ... as well as explore a potential sale of the company.

The filing states 77 year old McMahon's return will provide maximum long-term value for all of the stockholders. It also reveals McMahon made changes to the organization's bylaws to ensure any media rights deals or company sales cannot be made without his consent.

With the filing, JoEllen Lyons Dillon, Jeffrey Speed and Alan Wexler have been removed from the board ... and George Barrios and Michelle Wilson will join McMahon as their replacements.

A December 20 letter from Vince to the Board of Directors -- presented as an exhibit in the filing -- states his return had full support of WWE's management team ... including Stephanie McMahon, Nick Khan, Paul Levesque.

WWE released a statement confirming the news.

As we previously reported ... McMahon retired from the company in July 2022 following allegations of misconduct. Reports claimed at the time McMahon agreed to pay "hush money" to several women on WWE's dime. The allegations are currently under federal investigation.

A response email from the board on December 27 shows that it welcomed Vince's return to the board to help with deal negotiations ... but referenced a draft letter agreement in which McMahon would agree to repay "all of the investigation-related expenses incurred by the company," and he would not serve as an "officer, director or employee" of WWE during the government investigation.

If McMahon did not agree to the conditions, the company would sue.

McMahon was pissed with the board's response ... saying if he didn't have direct involvement, he could not support any TV or company sale.

But since he's the majority shareholder, McMahon has the power to get what he wants ... but he says he does not intend to impact the roles, duties or responsibilities of the management team upon his return.

Vince bought the company from his father, Vincent J. McMahon in 1982 ... and was the face of the brand for decades.

(more here)