Avatar: The Way Of Water (Action/Adventure/Fantasy)

Started by BlueStar, 02/19/17 at 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueStar

What Avatar 2 Will Be About:

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1625139/what-avatar-2-will-be-about-according-to-sam-worthington

Sounds good to me. I know in the early years there were rumors the sequels wouldn't be with the same characters so I'm relieved that that either changed or was just indeed a rumor after all and nothing else.

Steve

Update:

[hr style="border: 2px inset red;"]

'Avatar 2' not releasing in 2018 says James Cameron

[span style="border: 1px outset red;"]Story Link[/span]

James Cameron has announced that his planned sequel to Avatar has been pushed back and will not release in 2018.

"Well, 2018 is not happening. We haven't announced a firm release date," the filmmaker said in a new interview with The Toronto Sun while promoting his new documentary Atlantis Rising.

"What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So we're not making Avatar 2, we're making Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5. It's an epic undertaking. It's not unlike building the Three Gorges dam," he continued.

Originally, Avatar 2 was scheduled to hit theaters on Christmas Day 2018 with Avatar 3 landing in 2020 followed by Avatar 4 in 2022 and then Avatar 5 in 2023.

"So I know where I'm going to be for the next eight years of my life," Cameron said of filming the sequels back to back.

"It's not an unreasonable time frame if you think about it. It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we're making four. We're full tilt boogie right now. This is my day job and pretty soon we'll be 24-7. We're pretty well designed on all our creatures and sets. It's pretty exciting stuff. I wish I could share with the world. But we have to preserve a certain amount of showmanship and we're going to draw that curtain when the time is right."

News of the delay comes as Pandora: The World of Avatar is set to open at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando on May 27.

Cameron and his production company Lightstorm Entertainment have also announced a new joint-venture with video game publisher Ubisoft to develop a new title based on Avatar.

(more at link)

Autocorrect has become my worst enema.

BlueStar

I get it's a lot to undertake. I hope it comes out before I'm 40 though. At this rate Cameron will probably be well ready to retire by the time these are all completed. Although he may be the type that will never retire. He seems like that type.

Steve

Release dates:

Steve

'Avatar' sequels to feature same main villain, says James Cameron

[span style="border: 1px outset red;"]Story Link[/span]

Avatar director James Cameron says the movie's sequels will feature the same main villain.

The 62-year-old filmmaker said in the September issue of Empire that Stephen Lang "just gets better" as Colonel Miles Quaritch in Avatar 2 and its sequels.

"The interesting conceit of the Avatar sequels is it's pretty much the same characters," Cameron told the magazine. "There are new characters and a lot of new settings and creatures, so I'm taking characters you know and putting them in unfamiliar places and moving them on this greater journey. But it's not a whole bunch of new characters every time."

"There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting," he added. "Same guy. Same [expletive] throughout all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

Lang's character appeared to die at the end of Avatar, which opened in theaters in 2009. The 63-year-old actor was confirmed to return in 2013, and discussed the sequels in an interview with Ain't It Cool News in August 2016.

"Well, how am I still in them? I guess I would just quote Jim Cameron on that when he's asked that and he leans forward in that intimidating way and says, 'Hey. It's science fiction,'" Lang said of his character's return. "There's the answer to that."

"We're getting there," he added of the film's progress. "It's not like the work hasn't been going on. The design, the production design, the various worlds, and creatures and environments, that's all being worked on."

Avatar 2 opens in theaters in December 2020, and will be followed by Avatar 3, Avatar 4 and Avatar 5. Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver will return as Jake Sully, Neytiri and Dr. Grace Augustine.

Steve

Steve

The 'Avatar: The Way Of Water' Teaser Trailer Was Worth The Wait

• Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of Water begins to tell the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri, and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure.

James Cameron's Avatar: The Way of Water, which has a freaking stacked cast, including Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, and Kate Winslet (and, uh, also Sam Worthington), finally opens on December 16.

(more here)

Steve

'Avatar: The Way of Water' stars fight for family in new teaser trailer

20th Century Studios is giving a glimpse of the new film Avatar: The Way of Water.

The studio shared a teaser trailer for the sci-fi movie Wednesday featuring Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña.

The Way of Water is a sequel to Avatar (2009), which was set in 2154. The new film takes place more than 10 years later and once again follows the struggles between the Na'vi race and humans on the fictional moon Pandora.

Worthington and Saldaña return as Jake Sully, a former Marine, and Neytiri, a Na'vi princess. The trailer features the couple's children, Neteyam (Jamie Flatters), Lo'ak (Britain Dalton), Tuktirey (Trinity Bliss) and Kiri (Sigourney Weaver in a new role).

Stephen Lang also returns as the villainous Colonel Quaritch, while Kate Winslet, Michelle Yeoh, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, Edie Falco and Jemaine Clement join the cast.

"Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of Water begins to tell the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure," an official description reads.

The trailer shows off Pandora's oceans.

Avatar writer and director James Cameron returned to write, direct and executive produce the sequel.

Avatar: The Way of Water opens in theaters Dec. 16.

(more here)

Seems to be the same trailer as posted before this.

Steve

The Final 'Avatar: The Way Of Water' Trailer Boasts Sea Creatures And Na'vi Kids And Stephen Lang's Resurrected Baddie

So far, Avatar: The Way of Water has looked pretty chill. Trailers for the very belated sequel to the highest grossing movie ever (not adjusted for inflation) have mostly dwelled on showing new parts of Pandora. There sure has been a lot of underwater frolicking, hasn't there? No more. Yes, there's some aquatic tomfoolery in the film's final trailer, but there's new (if vague) glimpses of some of the darker business set to go down over its epic length.

Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña are back as Jake and Neytiri, the former human and his Na'vi betrothed. They've decamped for far flung regions of Pandora, raising their growing family, including Neteyam (Jamie Flatters), Lo'ak (Britain Dalton), Tuk (Trinity Bliss), and the adopted human child Spider (Jack Champion). It appears that one of them is proving a bit rebellious, which is to say willing to stand up against the invading Earthlings, including Stephen Lang's nefarious Colonel Quaritch, who is born again, this time as a Na'vi avatar.

Director James Cameron recently revealed that he had to fight — just a little bit — to release the 2009 original the way he wanted. All that happened, though, was an exec told him to make it shorter, and Cameron just told him to "get the f*ck out of my office." He seems to be a little less confident this time, threatening to end the series early if this new one underperforms. So if you like chilling in Pandora, better go see it when it opens on December 16.

(more here)

dazingwonder

Steve